Home > Terms and Conditions
- Booking your appointment with us, via telephone or email
- To record details of your treatment against your consultation form or client record
- For fraud prevention purposes when purchasing gift vouchers
- For payments, invoices and accounts processing
- Keeping you updated on changes to your appointment via telephone, email or SMS
- Keeping you updated on our latest promotional offers via email
What’s the legal basis for handling my information?
- Processing your information is necessary in order for us to complete a sales
transaction, this covers booking an appointment and/or paying for your treatment
- Our legal obligations in order to protect you and us, which include:
- Client consultation forms in order to protect us under our current Public Liability
Insurance. Failure to do so will result in the void/termination of our cover to protect
- For the purposes of crime prevention through our CCTV systems which protect our
The processing of special categories of personal data
Under GDPR, some of your personal information that we record is classified as ‘Special
Category’ this means we have to be clear in the information we record, and the reasons for
recording this information with your consent;
- The right to request a copy of all the information that we hold about you
- The right to request we correct any inaccurate or out of date information about you
- The right to stop us processing your personal information for things such as
promotional marketing and appointment reminders.
- Where there is a dispute in our accuracy or handling of your information, request we
restrict any further processing
- The right to object to us processing your information where applicable, outside of
the requirements in order for us to carry out treatments
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
If we need to use your data for another purpose
This privacy notice covers the items set out in section 3, if we wish to use your personal
information for another purpose we will provide a new privacy notice which will explain
how we will use your information. Your consent will be required before we can use your
information in the new way or for the new purpose.
Consenting to your information being processed by us
You are consenting to us processing your personal information during your booking (also
known legally as ‘Invitation to treat’ where we are required to capture your personal
information to book your appointment.
You are consenting to your payment information being processed by us at point of sale for
the purposes of completing your financial transaction by us.
You will be prompted to select your communication preferences on your client consultation
form, which include; appointment updates, our latest offers and new product launches.
If you’re unhappy with how we’re processing your information
To report any queries or complaints, including the right to exercise your rights you should
contact the data controller, Tara Jones at Barkham Beauty Rooms Ltd, 330 Barkham Road,
Wokingham, RG41 4DE.
You may choose to refer your query to the The Information Commissioners Office on 0303
123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.